OLEV-Rolec Terms and Conditions
The government offers grants to support the wider use of electric and hybrid vehicles via the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
The OLEV grant is conditional on the client and the installer fulfilling certain criteria and is not guaranteed, by the scheme. The grant is available for up to 75% of the installation (approx. £667) up to a maximum of £500. This is for eligible electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid cars only at present.
Our terms and conditions cover what is regarded as part of the standard cost of installing and what happens if we need to quote for extra work. Sometimes issues arise on the day that mean we can’t complete your install on the first visit, but if we know about these in advance, we can often resolve them beforehand. For the best experience, we recommend a full load & electrical survey being completed, the cost is £90 including VAT, when an order is placed £45 will be credited to the installation invoice, all charges are payable in advanced.
Inspired Renewables Ltd install Rolec electric car chargers, our standard installation package for the Rolec WallPod covers most homes in the UK and includes the following:
- Fitting of a Rolec WallPod on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply distribution board and the Rolec WallPod.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is needed.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the Rolec WallPod.
- When the load and electrical survey has been completed a quotation will be provided for any additional work that is required to complete your installation.
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know:
- The Rolec WallPod must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle, photographic evidence will be required once installed and these will be taken by our installer.
- We can fix the cable higher than 1.8 metres (6 feet) above the ground. If fixing at the higher height then an additional charge will apply – in that case we will quote for any extra work needed.
- We can’t, as part of the standard package, trench the cable underground or suspend it above ground – if something like this is required please talk to us so that we can give you a quote in advance. If we find out on the day that we have to cross a garden or a pathway we may need to pause the job and quote for the extra work needed to trench the cable.
- When you are using your charger, the Electric vehicle charging lead must remain on your property and must not create a trip hazard for you or anyone else.
- We can’t run cable under floorboards or through ducting / ceiling voids / wall voids without a draw cord (to pull the cable through), or if the floorboards have not been lifted. We can’t take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
- Our installation team are not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them.
- Our installation team are not able to work in extreme weather (i.e. flooding or intense rain). If it is not safe to carry on, our expert will do as much as they can, and we will return at a later date.
What happens if we find that your existing wiring isn’t up to scratch:
Our load & electrical survey will highlight most of the potential issues or problems and you will be quoted a price to rectify the problem. Inspired Renewables Ltd follows BS7671 2008/2015 Amendment 3 Standard Regulations and NICEIC guidelines on Electric Vehicle installations. If we can’t install in line with these rules, then your installation will be paused and we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards. If the existing electrical arrangements at the property are not in line with these rules or there is something else that makes it unsafe for us to install, then we will stop the install and discuss the options with you.
What happens if your electrical supply is inadequate:
We will recommend after the load and electrical survey any upgrades you will need to complete if the electrical capacity (i.e. main fuse) can support the additional electrical demands of the Rolec WallPod. If the capacity is not sufficient, we might be able to de-rate Rolec WallPod. UK Power Network will upgrade your main header free of charge in most cases, this normally takes 10-12 working days. It is the client’s responsibility to organise these upgrades.
We allocate three hours for standard installations. If we can’t complete on the day because of an unexpected extra works, then we will reschedule an installation date once the additional works are complete or our quotation for the work has been accepted.
3 Year Warranty:
Rolec WallPod are covered by a comprehensive 3-year warranty. Any hardware failure should be promptly reported to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, please quote the serial number, the date of installation and a brief description of the fault.
Limitation of Liability:
In no event will Inspired Renewables Ltd accept any liability for any loss, costs or damage consequential to the use and/or misuse of our hardware products except where this is caused by our negligence.
Home Charge Grant for Electric Car Charging:
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) provides a grant for EV drivers to have a Rolec WallPod installed at their home. Inspired Renewables Ltd will process and manage the application in order to claim the grant for you. The grant is subject to many terms and conditions, a summary of which is provided here, failure to meet the correct standard or being rejected by OLEV will mean the £500 grant will not be paid and then the client will receive our additional invoice to cover the potential loss to Inspired Renewables Ltd
Summary of OLEV Terms and Conditions:
Residents must provide evidence of being the registered keeper or lessee, or be named as the primary user of an eligible EV or plug-in vehicle in order to be able to claim the grant.
- Only one claim per vehicle can be made, even if you own more than one home.
- However, a single customer can claim one charging point per vehicle, for up to two vehicles.
- A list of qualifying electric vehicles is maintained at: https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car…
- The grant is only applicable for residential addresses with designated private off-street parking.
- If you are not the property owner and freeholder of the building, signed written permission and a proof of address from the appropriate owner or management company must be obtained prior to installation of the Rolec WallPod.
- Any area where the installation of a Rolec WallPod may affect another property owner, written permission and a proof of address from the appropriate owners must be obtained prior to installation of the Rolec WallPod.
- If you are the property owner and freeholder of a listed building, Rolec WallPod requires listed consent from the local planning authority before an installation can take place.
- Full details of the grant terms and conditions are available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/…
Customers who require additional information, or have any queries on the grant process should contact OLEV directly on: email@example.com